Saturday, July 9, 2011

"Bring me my brown pants."

Ship is sailing the oceans. 


A pirate ship appears on the horizon. The captain says "Men, bring me my red shirt!" The first mate fetches the shirt and the captain successfully leads an attack on the pirates that sinks their ship. 


One of the sailors asked the captain "Why do you wear a red shirt in battle?" The captain responded: "Because if I am wounded, you will not see blood and will continue to fight as if nothing is amiss." The crew was astounded at the bravery of the captain. 


Later, twenty pirate ships appeared on the horizon. The men looked to the captain, waiting for the request that brought everyone so much strength. The captain looked at the horizon and said, "Men, bring me my brown pants!"

Operation Wintergreen is over now.

I arrived at Hotel California about a week ago. When I got there, Zabulon from A Sleepless Night was already there. Soon after, two men without blogs showed up- Alan Hartford and Jared Brookover. They said they didn't have blogs, but they'd been following Arkady and the Arkadyettes for a while. A while later, AmalgamationSage from Records of Impossibility showed up as well in his astral form (which happened to be a woman in a straw hat with a katana. whut.). That was our group, the ten of us. A ragtag bunch of misfits with knives, two swords, a shotgun, and a paddle.


Setoth, Arkady, Alan, and I were part of the distraction group. You see, we had two teams: The distraction group, to keep the proxies from going after the other team, and the attack group, who were going to face off against the Slender Man and save Sara.


It's funny, in retrospect. Glass commented on their post, saying to kill him. Who did we think we were, facing off against him?

Anyway.

The proxies were gathering outside of the hotel for a few days. I don't know what Setoth did, but whatever it was, it worked. "Magick", I suppose. Quantum physics. I don't know, although I really don't care. It worked, and that's what matters.

On Friday, at midnight, we began.

The attack group went off to the forest and we fought the hoard of zombies proxies that Setoth had drawn. Arkady was grinning like  a maniac as he sliced and diced them, but then again, he'd been acting like a child who was given a sack full of their favorite candy all weekend. Setoth was chanting and using his magic, and also using his paddle. I still think it was a weird weapon, but to each their own. Alan had brass knuckles and a knife. We were saving my shotgun for later, although we had to resort to it fairly quickly.

Oh, right. I was the only one who brought a gun. Forgot to mention that.

At first the proxies thought that we all had shotguns... But they realized rather quickly that not all of us did. It was just me. So of course they went for the reasonable course and tried to kill the person with the shotgun. It didn't work, as you can clearly see...

Actually, I wasn't injured until later on in the fight. I guess that's the good thing about long-range weapons, even if a shotgun is kind of inconvenient. I really should get an assault rifle before I die... Anyway. A proxy with a chainsaw came in. That's right. A chainsaw. I don't really know where he got it, but... But that really doesn't matter.

Then Javert and his cronies showed up and things went to hell. Arkady was shot and Setoth smacked Javert in the face with his paddle. That was pretty badass, I do have to admit it... Arkady jumped on Javert and began beating him up and punching him. Beat him senseless, and kept doing it until Setoth informed Arkady that he was, in fact, dead. In the meantime, Setoth had put the proxy with the chainsaw on fire...

...It didn't work. I kept shooting at him and I don't know how many bullets I put into that son of a bitch but he kept going. I don't even...

Arkady tried stabbing the man in the neck and emptied Javert's pistol into the man. It didn't work.

None of it worked...

The chainsaw man was the one who killed Alan, eventually. He hit him with it and I shot the proxy in the head. It didn't work, but it did distract him, so now I have a nice bandage on my stomach. even though that wound happened before, when Setoth set the man on fire...

Sorry this is so chronologically messed-up. I'm trying to gather my thoughts. It's just... It's just really hard to. These were the first blogs I read, you know. I clicked the link on TVtropes, the one for anti-heroes, and then...

Okay, I'll continue. That can come later...

The chainsaw proxy wasn't dying. Alan was down, I had an injury, and Arkady had been shot. Setoth was injured as well. . We all were.

You know in the movies, when things happen in slow-motion? It really does happen. You notice all sorts of things. You notice how Arkady and Setoth were together pushing the knife into Arkady's chest. You notice how the knife glowed with Setoth's magick-quantum shit. You notice how Arkady's shirt was already blood-stained. You notice how the blood droplets fell right into the circle.

There was a flash of light, an explosion, and then I woke up to Michenab and Sara and Alan's dead body. Zabulon and AmalgamationSage are still alive. But everyone else, they're all dead. Arkady, Setoth, Kal, Alan, Jared...

Does it matter that I didn't know them long? Like I said, I'd been reading the Operation Wintergreen blogs for months... Those were the first Slenderblogs I'd read. And now, now they're dead. Gone forever...

So rest in peace.

Rest in peace, Arkady Ivanovich Svidrigailov.

Rest in peace, Damien.

Rest in peace, Kalias.

Rest in peace, Alan Hartfort.

Rest in peace, Jared Brookover.

And tell the adversary I say hi.

Regards,
Dante

4 comments:

  1. Does it surprise you that I still believe Arkady and Setoth could be alive? It's possible. A lot is possible with those two.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They could be... But I doubt it. Really doubt it. Michenab couldn't find their bodies. Arkady had a bullet wound in his leg and a stab wound to his chest. Aside from that, they were also in the middle of an explosion, which is going to cause some burns...

    I want them to be alive, though. I guess it sounds whiny of me, but it's not fair that they're dead when people like Morningstar are still alive...

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have all the luck, don't we?

    Glad to see some people are still alive from all that. I spent the last few days sorting myself out.

    It is what it is. Argh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad to see you guys are alive, too, and relatively well.

    You're right. It is what it is...

    ReplyDelete